Thursday, January 10, 2013

Greek Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken

Posted by whatsapp status on January 10, 2013 with No comments
Hi all!  Thank you so much for reading and commenting on Jenna's weight-loss success story.  I knew she would inspire you and I'm so happy she agreed to let me feature her here.  I'd love to feature YOU too, just email me at: honeywerehealthyblog@gmail.com and we'll chat!

I made a Greek pasta salad with grilled chicken the other night for dinner and thought you might like to try this recipe with your family.  It's classic Greek ingredients - tomato, cucumber, olives, red onion and feta cheese with whole wheat pasta, grilled chicken, and a homemade vinaigrette dressing.


I actually prefer this salad cold, but you can eat it warm also. I used penne pasta, but sometimes I use spirals.  For busy weeknights, I like meals like this that I can just throw together.  Of course, it's nice to have left-overs for lunch later in the week too.

Ingredients (Salad)
Serves about 6

Tomato- 3 small diced
Cucumber- 1 large diced
Olives- 1/4 cup sliced
Red onion- 1/2 cup
Feta cheese- 3/4 cup crumbled
Whole wheat pasta- about 2 cups cooked
Grilled chicken- about 4 large boneless, skinless breasts
(fresh basil would be good in this salad but I didn't have any on hand)

Ingredients (Vinaigrette)

Whole Grain Mustard- 3-4 teaspoons
White wine vinegar- 1/8 cup
Dried basil- 1 teaspoon
Salt- dash
Pepper- dash
Olive oil-1/4 cup

  • Combine all the ingredients together except the olive oil and stir.  Then whisk in the olive oil.  
  • You can adjust the ingredients depending on your taste preferences.

Directions

  • Boil the pasta according to package directions.
  • Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and cook the chicken until done.  Then cut into cubes.
  • Add the diced tomato, cucumber, olives, onion, and cheese with the pasta and chicken.
  • Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss it all together. 


* * * * * 

0 comments:

Post a Comment